The student news site of Independence High School in Thompson's Station, Tennessee

INDYNOW

A Guide on Christmas Presents

IndyNow+is+already+shopping+for+Christmas+at+Target.+
IndyNow is already shopping for Christmas at Target.

Emma Van Gilder, Editor

Giving gifts to the opposite gender can be quite tricky, and whether you’re shopping for someone special or your family, chances are you’re stumped on what to get them. But fear not, here is the guide for all things Christmas presents.

I might be biased, but girls are relatively easy to shop for. Fuzzy socks, eyeshadow pallets and jewelry are always well received. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of the cliché heart shaped necklace. Instead of the heart necklace, consider a necklace with yours and her initials on it. It may be a bit cheesy, but she will love the thought you put into the gift. Etsy is an easy and cheap place to find beautiful custom made jewelry. Be smart about shopping; if your girlfriend or sister doesn’t wear makeup, don’t buy any for her.

The Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay is a superb neutral eyeshadow palette ringing in at $54. You can pick this up at your local Ulta or Sephora. Fuzzy socks will literally always be a win.

Target currently has a “12 days of socks” Christmas present for $15 dollars that would be a great option for all ages and genders. You can purchase it in store or online, and there are options for boys and girls, and men and women.

Fossil watches are great quality while not being too pricey. A new watch would improve his style, and hopefully keep him on time. There will never be a teenage boy who doesn’t want a video game for Christmas. 2k18, Battlefront and Call of Duty: World War II would be sure to win the love and affection of your special someone. These games retail for about $6o, and you can find them at any Target, Walmart or Amazon.

For your brothers, a Nike sweatshirt would be just swell. Since he is your brother, it’s easy to figure out his size without having to awkwardly ask and risk ruining the surprise. If you have a little brother, a brand new Lego set would be sure to bring smiles.

4