INDYNOW

• April 10No prom tickets will be sold after April 18.

• April 10Charging in the cafeteria will stop on May 1.

• April 10Baseball plays at 6:30 P.M. at home April 10.

• April 10Caps and gowns will be handed out April 23.

• April 10Yearbooks can still be purchased for $100 in B118.

• March 21Deadline to apply to the Sara Lynn Murphy Memorial Scholarship is April 15

• March 21Lost and found will be donated March 23

• March 9Prom tickets will be for sale one March 21 for $35

• January 10Seniors: Check the board next to the counseling office for scholarship opportunities.

• December 4Senior yard signs will be on sale for $20 until April 6.

Boys Basketball Looks to Continue Success

Ames Arrington, Staff Writer

New faces, new attitudes and a new style of play are in store for the Eagles this season. With only one starter returning, Point Guard Mac James, it will be interesting to see how the Eagles adapt to keep competing against the always strong district foes.

Needless to say, opposing teams will plan for our Do-It-All point guard, presumably to no avail. With years of experience as a big-time play-maker and a larger role in store, it will be exciting to watch James pester defenses all year with his icy passing, smooth drives to the hoop, and his slick pull-up jumper.

Carson Roberts, senior, embraces the changes. “We have to grow as a team and get better everyday,” Roberts explains. With an added emphasis on the young guys playing bigger roles, it’ll be essential that a lack of age doesn’t equate to a lack of maturity if this team wants to succeed.

Garret Kastellic, another senior, puts his trust in the system. “I want us to exceed everyone’s expectations,” Kastellic states, “Everyone is going to have to contribute.” The leaders on this team are trusting the process and hope that their positive outlook will trickle down to the rest of the unit.

Jarrett Jones, Indy’s new men’s basketball coach, was drawn to Independence for its “great athletic environment.” Jones wants to see the squad’s hard work pay off, and says in order to do so the effort and on- court communication has to be constant and consistent.

0