The student news site of Independence High School in Thompson's Station, Tennessee

INDYNOW

• January 10Softball tryouts are Feb. 12-13. Email Coach Buchanan or Coach Brown for more info.

• January 10Drivers Education applications are in the counseling office. Apply ASAP!

• January 10PSAT results are in!

• January 10Seniors: Check the board next to the counseling office for scholarship opportunities.

• January 10Makeup exams will be held Jan. 8-11 after school in the library.

• December 4Senior yard signs will be on sale for $20 until April 6.

• December 4Senior quotes are due Dec. 15 to Laura Kim.

• October 24If you plan to ride the late bus please sign up before 8th period

• October 10Seniors: Check the spelling and accuracy of your name on the counseling window!

Boys Basketball Looks to Continue Success

Ames Arrington, Staff Writer

New faces, new attitudes and a new style of play are in store for the Eagles this season. With only one starter returning, Point Guard Mac James, it will be interesting to see how the Eagles adapt to keep competing against the always strong district foes.

Needless to say, opposing teams will plan for our Do-It-All point guard, presumably to no avail. With years of experience as a big-time play-maker and a larger role in store, it will be exciting to watch James pester defenses all year with his icy passing, smooth drives to the hoop, and his slick pull-up jumper.

Carson Roberts, senior, embraces the changes. “We have to grow as a team and get better everyday,” Roberts explains. With an added emphasis on the young guys playing bigger roles, it’ll be essential that a lack of age doesn’t equate to a lack of maturity if this team wants to succeed.

Garret Kastellic, another senior, puts his trust in the system. “I want us to exceed everyone’s expectations,” Kastellic states, “Everyone is going to have to contribute.” The leaders on this team are trusting the process and hope that their positive outlook will trickle down to the rest of the unit.

Jarrett Jones, Indy’s new men’s basketball coach, was drawn to Independence for its “great athletic environment.” Jones wants to see the squad’s hard work pay off, and says in order to do so the effort and on- court communication has to be constant and consistent.

0