INDYNOW

• January 10Softball tryouts are Feb. 12-13. Email Coach Buchanan or Coach Brown for more info.

• January 10Drivers Education applications are in the counseling office. Apply ASAP!

• January 10PSAT results are in!

• January 10Seniors: Check the board next to the counseling office for scholarship opportunities.

• December 4Senior yard signs will be on sale for $20 until April 6.

• October 24If you plan to ride the late bus please sign up before 8th period

• October 10Seniors: Check the spelling and accuracy of your name on the counseling window!

It’s Spooky Time!

Reagan Turner gets in the Halloween spirt by carving unique designs into her pumpkins.

Brittany Swayze, Staff Writer

Greetings ghouls and goblins, it’s that time of the year again when you can get involved in fall and Halloween activities. Some of these events include going to haunted houses, picking out costumes, visiting pumpkin patches, carving pumpkins and going to events.

Many of the spookiest haunted houses are located around town. These are the top five.

Creepy Hollow is located in Spring Hill. They have been giving people thrills and chills for over 15 years.

Slaughterhouse is located in Nashville. There is a clown maze that you can go through and the main maze that has many twists and turns and the people pop out when you least expect it.

Devil’s Dungeon is located Nashville, as well. Chris Pearson describes his experience as fun. He enjoyed the last room and getting 3D glasses. He also talks about the clown that popped out when no one was expecting it.

Miller’s Thrillers is located in Spring Hill. It has many attractions including the haunted trail, zombie paintball, and live performances.

Nashville Haunted Woods is a brand new trail located at Priest Lake.

The other fun thing about Halloween is dressing up. Many people get their costume either online, at Party City or the tent that is set up in the Cool Springs Galleria mall’s parking lot. According to best costumes.com, the top costumes of 2017 are…
Pennywise from the movie IT
Wonder Woman
Eleven from Stranger Things
The Dancing Hot Dog from Snapchat
A Lifeguard from Baywatch

One of the more family friendly activities to do during the fall season is going to a pumpkin patch. There are many around the Franklin/Spring Hill area. Some pumpkin patches are Gentry’s Farm, Wilson Family Farm and many more in Cool Springs.

In addition, Downtown Franklin will have its annual Pumpkin Fest, Oct. 28.

3