INDYNOW

• January 10Softball tryouts are Feb. 12-13. Email Coach Buchanan or Coach Brown for more info.

• January 10Drivers Education applications are in the counseling office. Apply ASAP!

• January 10PSAT results are in!

• January 10Seniors: Check the board next to the counseling office for scholarship opportunities.

• December 4Senior yard signs will be on sale for $20 until April 6.

• October 24If you plan to ride the late bus please sign up before 8th period

• October 10Seniors: Check the spelling and accuracy of your name on the counseling window!

Football Springs Into Action

Hunter Dupree, Staff Writer

Facing a season of rebuilding, the Independence Eagles look with confidence to moving up from TSSAA Class 5A to 6A. The Independence Eagles fell with a devastating State Championship loss after a 29-game win streak last year. Like most teams, they’re hungry for the upcoming season.

The Eagles started their spring season April 24, and will continue practicing until May 12.

When asked what they do in spring practice, upcoming senior linebacker Jace Roberts said “we mostly just put in work in the weight-room and the head outside in full pads.”

“I’m excited for my senior season,” Roberts said, “but I’m sad that this could be my last year.”

The Eagles are looking good with two returning receivers in Kendrell Scurry and TJ Sheffield.

“The only thing we’re focused on is us,” Head Coach Scott Blade said. “We’re a little undersized, so the weight-room is of vital importance.”

1