The student news site of Independence High School in Thompson's Station, Tennessee

INDYNOW

• May 4IGC is selling T-Shirts for 20$. All proceeds go to Lily's Foundation.

• April 17Seniors, turn in your acceptance letters to the counseling center to get your star up!

• April 17Seniors, make sure you turn in your transcripts to the counseling center.

• December 6Indynow wants YOU to be careful behind the wheel!

Football Springs Into Action

Hunter Dupree, Staff Writer

Facing a season of rebuilding, the Independence Eagles look with confidence to moving up from TSSAA Class 5A to 6A. The Independence Eagles fell with a devastating State Championship loss after a 29-game win streak last year. Like most teams, they’re hungry for the upcoming season.

The Eagles started their spring season April 24, and will continue practicing until May 12.

When asked what they do in spring practice, upcoming senior linebacker Jace Roberts said “we mostly just put in work in the weight-room and the head outside in full pads.”

“I’m excited for my senior season,” Roberts said, “but I’m sad that this could be my last year.”

The Eagles are looking good with two returning receivers in Kendrell Scurry and TJ Sheffield.

“The only thing we’re focused on is us,” Head Coach Scott Blade said. “We’re a little undersized, so the weight-room is of vital importance.”

0