The student news site of Independence High School in Thompson's Station, Tennessee

INDYNOW

• May 4IGC is selling T-Shirts for 20$. All proceeds go to Lily's Foundation.

• April 17Seniors, turn in your acceptance letters to the counseling center to get your star up!

• April 17Seniors, make sure you turn in your transcripts to the counseling center.

• December 6Indynow wants YOU to be careful behind the wheel!

Dreaming Of A Musical Christmas

Courtney Washington, Staff Writer

The IHS Christmas Concert is Dec 13, and you can really feel the excitement in the choir room. Also, at $5 for adults and $3 for all Williamson County students, anyone can feel the excitement and enjoy Christmas music.

This is the second year director Sydney Shadrix has led the Christmas Concert, but for the freshman; it’s their first. The concert can seem a little intense when Ms. Shadrix goes over all the directions and order of the choirs. However, once each part is done and the bulk of learning the music is over, the rest is just perfecting what the choir knows and have fun singing.

Each winter concert they sing, “One Candle” and “O Holy Night,” as a whole choir. During “One Candle,” all of the seniors in the choir sing together the solo part, then everyone else joins in and all hold up a candle at the end. The students love the way the candles look for the song, because of the way they walk up the aisles into the stage with the candles lit up. It makes it feel absolutely magical and special, which helps also give the symbolism of unity and togetherness, they get from the song. This is exactly how the choir is, one unit standing together and helping one another out.

However, the best part of the winter concert is getting to put up the “winter trees” in the choir room and decorating them with your friends. Choir members get to put the lights on the trees, all the little ornaments, plus the music note ribbons get tied around the trees as our own touch of choir holiday cheer.

Soon, the choir concert is going to be here, so come and enjoy the winter music of the IHS choirs.

0